Connecting Bluetooth headphones to PC
The process of connecting Bluetooth headphones to PC is simple enough. However, it’s something that not every non-tech savvy person can do. If you’re someone who’s not that handy with a computer, you’re at just the right place.
Before trying to connect your headphones, make sure that the PC you are using has Bluetooth. Once you have confirmed its availability, you can move forward with the remaining steps.
To Check for Bluetooth On Windows PC
If using a Windows PC, look for the application known as Device Manager. From here, you can check whether your computer has Bluetooth technology. To check this, you can use the following steps:
- Select the Start option.
- Type Device Manager into the search box of the Start page.
- You will see the Device Manager in the list. Select it.
- In the tab that opens up, look for the Network Adapters Option.
- Expand Network Adapters.
- You will see a list expand.
- From this list, look for something that says Bluetooth.
- Within the list, if you see a device with the word Bluetooth in its name, it means that the computer has Bluetooth availability.
Another way of making the connection between the Headphones and the Computer is through the following process.
- Type Control Panel into the search bar.
- Select Control Panel to open a Control Panel window.
- Go to All Control Panel Items.
- View the results by small icons.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- On the top left corner of the window, you will see the option to Add Device.
- Select Add Device.
- You will be shown a list of nearby devices that you can add to the computer.
- Look for the headphones.
- Select the headphones and wait for a moment for them to connect to the computer.
Checking for Bluetooth on a MacBook
For Mac users, go to the System Preference from the Apple menu. If you find in the Bluetooth preference that the options to enable Bluetooth and make the device discoverable are displayed, then that means that Bluetooth technology is installed on the device.
Installing Bluetooth on Device
In case of the absence of Bluetooth technology, you can very easily get it installed by going to a technology retailer and buying a Bluetooth Dongle. A Bluetooth Dongle is a small device that is plugged into one of the USB ports of the computer. Once this has been done, you can proceed with connecting devices to your computer.
Another process to connect headphones to Mac is as follows.
- On your Mac, click on Apple menu.
- From Apple menu, go to the System Preference option.
- In the System Preference, navigate to the Bluetooth menu.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth is turned on.
- Make sure that your headphones are in discoverable mode.
- Click Connect to establish a new connection.
- You will see your headphones on the list.
- Select the headphones and click on connect to create a connection.
- In case you are trying to reconnect your headphones.
- Right-click on the name of the device and select the Connect option.
Setting Up New Headphones in Windows
The steps vary slightly from Windows PC to Mac. The first step would be to put your headphones on Discovery Mode. Enabling Discovery Mode on your headphones will also differ depending on the type and model of headphones being used. To accomplish this step, you must refer to the headphone instructions and take steps according to them.
Once you have made sure that the headphones are in Discovery Mode according to their instruction, you can proceed with the rest of the process:
- Go to Start.
- Type Devices and Printers into the search bar.
- From the results, select Printers and Scanners. If you are using Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows 8, look for the option that says Devices and Scanners.
- Once you have selected the Printers and Scanners or Devices and Scanners options, depending on your WIndows, a new window will open up.
- In this new window, look for the Bluetooth and Other Devices option. It should be on the left pane of the Printers and Scanners or Devices and Printers window.
- Once you have found it select the Add Bluetooth and Other Devices option.
- Once you have selected the Add Bluetooth and Other devices option, wait for a few minutes until your computer looks and finds your device, in your case its headphones.
- You will be provided with a list of possible Bluetooth devices in the surrounding. From this list, look for your headphones.
- Once the headphones have been discovered, select them from the list.
- After you have selected your headphones, the Windows will take a few minutes, and then it should alter you about the success of the pairing.
In the case of a Mac computer, the steps will be slightly different.
- First, look for and select the System Preference option from the Apple menu.
- From there, click on the Bluetooth option.
- Wait for a few minutes while your computer searches for possible Bluetooth devices in the surrounding.
- When you see your headphones appear in the Bluetooth preferences, select the Pair option, and your computer will be connected to your headphones.
Once the new headphones have been connected to your Windows PC or Mac, everything they are turned on and within range of the computer, they will automatically connect to the PC.
Fixing Other Possible Bluetooth Problems
It is possible that even after going through the given steps, your headphones do not connect to your computer. One reason is that your headphones have not been into Discovery mode correctly. For this, review the settings and manual of the headphones thoroughly and see how instructions tell you to go about this process. Follow them closely to put the device in discovery mode correctly.
If the headphones are in the correct mode, discovery mode, and the computer is still unable to detect them, then try restarting the computer. Even after this, if the headphones and computer are not connected, then it is suggested that you contact the manufacturer of the headphones for more assistance.
In such a case, there might also be issues with the Bluetooth driver of the computer. For this, you can try to update the drivers of the computer if necessary.