The Sustainability Revolution: Portrait of a Paradigm Shift
By Andres R. Edwards (Author)
Sold by Eishops
$10.99 $26.2 58% off
Sustainability has become a buzzword in the last decade, but its full meaning is complex, emerging from a range of different sectors. In practice, it has become the springboard for millions of individuals throughout the world who are forging the fastest and most profound social transformation of our time-the Sustainability Revolution.
Eishops Community Promise
- Keeping commerce and success alive for individuals looking to do better for themselves and families.
- Most importantly, privacy is our highest priority- We do not share your personal data with anyone.
- We do not use our sellers’ data to compete with them, which means if you as a seller have a big ticket item that is making lots of sales, Eishops will not use this information to build a replica and sell it to undercut your business.
- Ensure the satisfaction of both our buyers and sellers.
- Create an unrivaled, unique shopping experience.
The Sustainability Revolution paints a picture of this largely unrecognized phenomenon from the point of view of five major sectors of society:
- Community (government and international institutions)
- Commerce (business)
- Natural Resources (forestry, farming, fisheries, etc.)
- Ecological Design (architecture, technology)
- Biosphere (conservation, biodiversity, etc.).
The book analyses sustainability as defined by each of these sectors in terms of the principles, declarations and intentions that have emerged from conferences and publications, and which serve as guidelines for policy decisions and future activities. Common themes are then explored, including:
- an emphasis on stewardship
- the need for economic restructuring promoting no waste and equitable distribution
- an understanding and respect for the principles of nature
- the restoration of life forms, and
- an intergenerational perspective on solutions.
Concluding that these themes in turn represent a new set of values that define this paradigm shift, The Sustainability Revolution describes innovative sustainable projects and policies in Colombia, Brazil, India and the Netherlands and examines future trends. Complete with a useful resources list, this is the first book of its kind and will appeal to business and government policy makers, academics, and all interested in sustainability.
About The Author
Andrés R. Edwards is an educator, author, media designer and environmental systems consultant who ha