Bambi (Two-Disc Platinum Edition) Special Edition
Sold by Eishops
$14.2 $19.49 27% off
The forest comes alive with BAMBI, the critically acclaimed coming-of-age story that has thrilled and entertained generations of fans. Now digitally restored with state-of-the-art technology, BAMBI sparkles in this new Special Edition. This grand adventure is full of humor, heart, and the most beloved characters of all time -- Bambi, the wide-eyed fawn, his playful pal Thumper, the lovable skunk Flower, and wise Friend Owl. Featuring breathtakingly beautiful artwork and Academy Award(R)- nominated music (1942, Best Scoring Of A Dramatic Or Comedy Picture and Best Song, "Love Is A Song") Bambi's story unfolds from season to season as the young prince of the forest learns valuable lessons about friendship, love, and the miracle of life. Everyone will be "twitterpated" by this endearing classic tale of BAMBI, one of Walt Disney's greatest triumphs and a film experience you'll never forget.
The little deer is over 60 years old, but he's never looked better. The 1942 Disney film has been painstakingly restored for DVD so that almost every trace of dirt and damage is gone, and the colors are brilliant. It might not look as sharp as modern films, but that's due in large part to the film's gauzy style. The Disney Enhanced Home Theater mix provides a much fuller sound than the original mono option, but is not very aggressive about using the rear speakers. (Unlike on other Disney DVDs, there is no other English Dolby 5.1 option.) In lieu of a commentary track, there's a "dramatic reenactment" reading of early discussions of the film between Walt Disney and his team. The reading accompanies the film (with insets of sketches and stills) and illustrates how closely the finished product embodies the original vision. That's further shown in the second disc's bounty of archival material. Particularly interesting is a look at the authentic art materials stored in the vaults. There are a variety of proposed characters and scenes that never made it into the film in order to keep the story streamlined. As another example, one of the deleted scenes has been reconstructed using sketches, voice-overs, and music, and it's a perfectly fine moment of Bambi discovering snow, but it's not really needed alongside the classic ice scene. A very fine 53-minute documentary discusses the production and even interviews some of the voice actors. Kids get fewer extras than grown-ups, but they can play a multi-part game (memory, counting, etc.), read along with a Thumper story, and see some footage of real animals juxtaposed with their animated counterparts. --David Horiuchi
Eishops Community Promise
- Keeping commerce and success alive for individuals looking to do better for themselves and families.
- Most importantly, privacy is our highest priority- We do not share your personal data with anyone.
- We do not use our sellers’ data to compete with them, which means if you as a seller have a big ticket item that is making lots of sales, Eishops will not use this information to build a replica and sell it to undercut your business.
- Ensure the satisfaction of both our buyers and sellers.
- Create an unrivaled, unique shopping experience.
- spect Ratio : 1.33:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medG G (General Audience)
- Product Dimensions : 7.5 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches; 8 Ounces
- Director : Bill Roberts, David Hand, Graham Heid, James Algar, Norman Wright
- Media Format : Animated, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, NTSC, Special Edition
- Run time : 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Release date : March 1, 2005
- Actors : Hardie Albright, Marie Arbuckle, Jean MacMurray, Louise Myers, Clarence Nash
- Dubbed: : Unknown
- Subtitles: : English
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1), Unqualified (DTS ES)
- Studio : Walt Disney Home Entertainment
- ASIN : B0002YLCOM
- Number of discs : 2